How can you join FairShare?
- By implementing these goals as best you can, starting now. These are goals - you can set a 126.96.36.199 goal to start with, or you can aim higher.
By not excluding anyone. The FairShare community is diverse. It includes people from all walks of life, and different income levels, nationality and religions, all those who agree with FSI goals. One of your jobs as a Friend of FairShare would be to tell others using wombat (word-of-mouth-best-advertising-technology).
- By being generous. Sharing increases trust and makes whole societies feel better. Don't give until it hurts - give until it feels better.
- By leading a value revolution. Starting with 5% of your annual income, and a 10% reduction of your claim on resources, you would be doing just this. FSI advocates redistributing a portion of your wealth 'off the top', and then live more sustainably and in a more socially active way. Friends try to live more simply so that others can simply live.
- By taking control. 188.8.131.52 is painless but empowering. By undertaking all four goals together, we are taking control of our own lives and at the same time taking daily actions that unashamedly aim to make the world a better place.
Members of FairShare are people who practise the 184.108.40.206 goals and donate a small amount annually ($A50) for the promotion of FSI.
Your membership fees are used only for the promotion of FairShare International values and goals through:
- a website with the built in option of connecting with other members in your locality either virtually or F2F
- a public education program involving billboard, newspaper, radio and TV adverts (planned).
Unpaid volunteers will do all the required work until there is a need, and funds for, a paid executive officer. The website will keep members and the public informed annually about how funds are used and about issues of governance.
Paying Your Membership
Membership is $50, donations are welcome, Lifetime Membership is $500.
Reduced Life Membership is available on application. ABN 96 011 881 438
Make your Cheque or Money Order payable to Fairshare International and send to
FSI, GPO Box 510, Adelaide, South Australia 5001.
You will be sent a receipt and welcome as a FairShare First Founder.
Funds Transfer - EFT - Direct Credit
Make a direct credit funds transfer from your account to ours and email us your name, address, and date and amount of funds transfer, and we will send you a receipt.
Send credit to:
Credit Union SA, BSB 805 007, Account no 0012 5621
How will we know FSI is working?
FSI won't be as visible as the kerbside recycle box, but big organisations like the Salvos, The Wilderness Society, The Smith Family, Oxfam CAA and the World Wide Fund for Nature will see a difference in giving patterns. Remember wombat and tell your friends, potential Friends of FairShare.
One per cent of Australians practising 220.127.116.11 would result in:
- an estimated extra half billion dollars per year out there for financially disadvantaged people and the earth
- 210 000 people refusing to increase, indeed reducing forever, their claim on water, energy and minerals. (Since 1975, Australians have increased their per capita consumption of electricity by 25%. Is life at the start of the 21st century better for this?)
- about two million letters or actions to address issues of greed and injustice annually.
View and Print FSI Brochure (in landscape)
(requires Adobe Acrobat)